The Smart Air takes Mares incredible Smart to another level this time with air integration! Via an wireless transmitter the computer can receive data directly from the dive tank, including tank pressure, and it’s now multi-gas capable. All the great features of the original and more! The Mares Smart Air Wrist Computer has a sharp and clear display, perfect ergonomics and user friendliness and is an all-rounder capable of multi gas and free diving. Quintessential: representing the most perfect or typical example of a quality or class. What happens when you add the superior sharpness of segmented characters, clarity of a perfectly laid-out display, and top it off with ergonomic advantages of two buttons? You get Smart, probably the smartest computer on the market. Smart replicates the excellent display of the Puck Pro, adding an additional button, buttons are re-positioned to the side, all packaged into a much slimmer profile. On the surface, adjust your nitrox settings or view your logbook with ease. Underwater, you can manage alternate depth information (top row), completely independent from the ancillary information displayed in the bottom row. Mares finished it with a two-color strap and unique design, making this the perfect companion for your time away from diving.
The Mares Smart Air Wrist Computer is one of the most intuitive wrist computers on the market today. Due to its effective screen layout and simplistic two-button design, recreational and professional divers alike can enjoy this stylish and effective wrist computer. The Smart Computer features a highly readable LCD back light 1.25″ (31mm) diagonally measured display that features a scratch-resistant mineral lens. The screen is incredibly clear; it can be easily read in the middle of the day, in direct sunlight. The layout of the screen is also extremely simplistic and provides you with all the information you need on the average dive for the entirety of the dive. The display reads current depth, maximum depth, no-deco time, ascent rate, bottom time with options to observe seconds, low battery indicator, and temperature. You can even customize the audible alarms to go off when you wish or not at all. It even features a unique option to reset your residual nitrogen. Other features include: altitude adjustments up to 12,100′ (3,700 meters), pre-dive planning, surface interval countdown, dive log recall, apnea mode (free diving) and EAN (nitrox mode). EAN mode allows you 3 gases ranging from 21% to 99% O2.
When you are out of the water the Smart computers doubles as a trendy digital quartz movement wristwatch. You will be able to stay on top of your daily tasks with a calendar, daily alarm, dual time modes and temperature reading when you wear the computer day to day. The Smart computer also features a user replaceable CR2450 lithium battery, has a memory capacity of more than 95 hours, and should last 100 to 150 dives on a new battery. At an affordable price point, extremely simplistic interface, and usable by both professional and recreational divers, the Mares Smart Air Wrist Computer packs a powerful punch and should be on every diver’s wrist. The Mares Smart Air Wrist Computer uses the RGBM Mares-Wienke algorithm, provides a depth display to 492′ (150 meters) can be set for fresh or seawater, imperial or metric measurements and is firmware up-gradable through Dive Link.
The Mares Air Dive Computer’s LED Tank Module is mounted onto an HP port of the first stage regulator, and its main function is to transmit tank pressure data via hose-less coded RF protocol to the dive computer. The dive computer then displays the tank pressure and calculates gas consumption rate and time remaining before reaching the reserve value. For this to happen, the tank module and the dive computer must be paired. The LED tank module features also, as the name suggests, an LED on the top of the tank module body. The LED can be used on the surface before a dive to distinguish between a full and an empty tank without needing a dive computer to display the exact value. During a dive the LED blinks when certain pressure levels have been reached and can thus alert your dive buddy or dive guide when you have reached the half tank mark or the tank reserve.
The tank module turns on automatically upon pressurization to at least 145 psi (10 bar). It turns off automatically when the pressure drops below 145 psi (10 bar). To save battery power, the tank module turns itself off also when the pressure does not change over more than 4 minutes. This prevents unnecessary battery consumption in case of a pressure check well ahead of a dive with the tank left open afterwards, or in case the tank is not closed, and the first stage purged immediately after a dive, or in the case of stage tanks that are left pressurized during the dive even when not in use. The tank module turns itself on again when a difference of pressure of more than 14.5 psi (1 bar) is sensed.
Upon pressurizing the tank module, if a pressure of 2600psi (180 bar) or more is sensed, the LED will blink 10 times in Green color in 4-second intervals. The value of 2600 psi (180 bar) can be set by the user via Android app*.
For battery preservation, the LED turns off after the surface check and stays off until a pressure of 1450 psi (100 bar) is reached (half tank warning). At that point it blinks in Yellow color once every 4 seconds. Once the tank pressure reaches 725 psi (50 bar) the LED blinks in RED color once every second (tank reserve). Transmitter is powered by a CR123A user-replaceable battery – Battery life: 150-200 dives. Transmitter come’s with an owner’s manual.
Air Integrated computerized monitoring of tank pressure is used to determine a bottom time which depends not only on your depth, but also on your actual gas consumption, increasing your dive safety. In addition, the gas consumption (referred to the surface) is displayed on the computer for more control over your dive. The computer does this via the HP Transmitter attached to your first stage regulator by sampling the pressure drop over time and giving you the rate of consumption in minutes remaining. If the time remaining is greater than the no-decompression limit for your depth it will display the shorter time allowed.
Mares Smart Air Wrist Computer with LED Transmitter:
- Takes Mares Incredible Smart to Another Level
- Now with Air Integration!
Mares Smart Air Wrist Computer:
- The Perfect Wrist Computer for Any Level of Diving
- Simplistic Interface Design
- Doubles as Watch: Dual Time Zones, Alarms, and Calendar
- Customizable Audio Alarms
- Surface Interval Countdown and Residual Nitrogen Reset
- Advanced User Interface for Custom Presets Catered to Divers Needs
- New Software and Advanced Microprocessor for Improved Battery Life
- User Replaceable CR2450 Battery
- Battery Life of 100 to 150 Dives
- New LCD Segmented Display & Back light for Optimal Visibility
- Scratch-Resistant Mineral Glass Lens
- Two-Button System for Easy Menu Navigation
- Current Depth, Max Depth, Temperature, and Bottom Time Display
- Visual Ascent and Descent Rates with Optional Alarms
- Altitude Adjustable Up to 12,100′ (3,700 meters)
- Pre-Dive Planning Features
- Dive Log Transferable to Computer: PC or MAC
- Firmware Updates Available Thru-Dive Link
- Maximum Operating Depth: 492′ (150 meters)
- Algorithm: RGBM Mares-Wienke
- Imperial/Metric Display
- Memory Capacity: 95 Hours
- Operating Modes: Air, Nitrox and Free-Dive
- Fresh/Salt Water Measurements
- 3 Gases Ranging from 21% to 99% O2
- Freediving Mode (Apnea) w/Dedicated Alarms
Mares Air LED Tank Module:
- Transmit Tank Pressure Data via Hose-Less Coded RF Protocol
- Compatibility: Mares Quad Air Dive Computer
- LED On Top of Tank Module Body
- Surface Mode;
- Distinguish Full/Empty Tank w/o Dive Computer Display Exact Value
- During Dive;
- LED Blinks at Certain Pressure Levels
- Alert Dive Buddy/Guide w/Half Tank or Reserve Reached
LED Functions (Colors):
-2600 psi (180 bar) or More, Blink 10 Times in Green Color
-1450 psi (100 bar) 1/2-Tank Warning, Blinks in Yellow
-Green/Yellow Blinks in 4-Second Intervals
-725 psi (50 bar) LED Blinks in RED Color Once Every Second
- Transmits Cylinder Information to Computer Screen
- Provides Pressure Display: 0 to 4350 psi (0 to 300 bars)
- Eliminates Pressure Gauge Hose
- Streamlines Your Diving Profile
- Gives Gas Time Remaining
- Increased Dive Safety
- Power User Replaceable CR123 Battery
- Battery Life: 150-200 Dives