This medium-size octopus made of techno-polymer features a cover made of soft material so that the purge button is easy to push. All Mares second stages are a reliable downstream valve design and offer the unique patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD) system. The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low-pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.
The second stage cover features the new “mesh-grid” system for water inflow and outflow, which provides a further performance improvement. The patented mesh design of the second stage cover reduces the pressure of water flowing onto the regulators diaphragm and minimizes free-flow. Even in a strong current it eliminates the need for a knob to de-tune your air delivery system- advance technology through basic physics.
Mares Rover Octopus incorporates the Fluid Dynamic Deflector, developed after in-depth studies and tests of fluid dynamics, is engineered to receive and properly direct the airflow from the bypass tube to the mouthpiece. Combined with the VAD system it delivers very natural and effortless breathing. The Mares Rover Octopus comes with a 39″ (100 cm) yellow low-pressure hose and weighs 13.6 oz. (385 g) with hose.
Mares Rover Octopus Features:
- Mid-Size Octopus with Stylish Design
- Strengthened by Technology to Give Steady, Natural and Effortless Breathing
- Lightweight Techno Polymer Housing
- Hi-Viz Yellow Cover and Hose
- Compact Exhaust Tee: Superior Hydrodynamic Performance & Reduced Exhalation Resistance
- Vortex Assist Design (V.A.D.) System
- Air Bypass Tube Conveys Air to Mouthpiece Creating Swirling Vortex
- Low-Pressure Area Center Keeps Diaphragm Down During Inhalation
- Very Sensitive and Easy Breathing At-All-Depths
-Water Inflow and Outflow
-Provides Further Performance Improvement
-Reduces Pressure of Water Flowing onto Diaphragm
-Strong Current, Eliminates Need for Knob to De-Tune Air Delivery
-Advance Technology Thru-Basic-Physics
- Fluid Dynamic Deflector: Direct Airflow from Bypass Tube to Mouthpiece
- 39.4″ (100 cm) Rubber Hose with 3/8″ Threads
- Soft Hypoallergenic Silicone Mouthpiece
- Dependable Downstream Valve Design
- Weight: 13.6 oz. (385 g), w/Hose